Terms of Service and Use
Last updated: 13.12.23
In these terms and conditions, the following interpretations apply:
“Organizer” is the person, business and/or legal entity that has set up the event(s) and/or booking page(s) and is the seller of the service/product published via our solutions.
“Participant/Booker” is the person who uses the Solution to sign up for / buy a place / register for / or service / product for an event that has been set up under the auspices of the organiser.
“Processing controller” is the person who determines the purpose of the processing of personal data and which aids are to be used.
“Data processor” is the person who processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
“Arrangement/Booking” is a common term for any event (concert, team building, kick-off etc.), membership, course, conferences, digital or physical service or other type of events, or booking of rental objects, courts, halls, rooms, appointment booking where the participant is required to make a registration/booking via our solutions.
“The solution” is the collective term for all our enrollment, registration, booking and payment solutions, delivered to the Organiser, through websites owned by Participant AS or the Organizer and via our applications (“apps”).
“Registration page” is the website the Participant/booker enters to register their registration/booking.
“Registration/Booking” is the collective term for the entire process where the participant has filled in a registration form and completed registration/booking with or without payment.
“Payment solution” means our online payment where you choose to pay with Visa, MasterCard or VIPPS or Deltager AS’s invoice solution.
“Participant fee/ Booker fee” is the total price set by the individual Organizer and which the Participant/Booker must pay to register their Registration.
“Card company rules” are the conditions Visa and Mastercard set for the use of these payment cards.
“Charge Backs” is the procedure where a Participant/Orderer who has paid with a payment card can dispute the payment and can get a full refund from the card companies if the payment has been withdrawn in violation of the terms of purchase, Norwegian law or if fraudulent.
“Payment intermediary” is Deltager AS, which has the agreement and the direct contact with the card acquirer on behalf of the Organizer.
“Client account” are the bank accounts to which Participant AS receives all payments on behalf of the Organizers and from which the payments to the Organizers are paid.
“Regulatory authorities” are the authorities that regulate the business, for example Finanstilsynet when it comes to the license as a payment intermediary.
“Sponsored Merchant” is the Organizer who, through this agreement with Deltager AS (Payment Intermediary), can offer card payments to its Participants/Orderers.
Acceptance of terms and conditions
- Acceptance of the terms, conditions and privacy statement available at the current time constitutes an agreement between the parties as described in the section “The Parties”. This page therefore distinguishes between terms and conditions for organizer and participant/orderer.
Description of the solution
The solution is provided by Deltager AS (org. no. 982 111 986), hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our(s), and includes an online registration/booking and payment service for the organiser. Purpose of the solution is to facilitate the sale of tickets, course places, physical or digital advice, booking of premises etc. for various types of events and administration of participants during and after an Event and sale of goods and services associated with the event/booking. Participants/orderers who use the service has the option of registering/booking and possibly paying for the purchase.
The registration and payment solution is made available through cloud-based solutions on our websites, sub-domains, masked domains and mobile applications (“apps”).
Deltager AS is the legal owner of the solution, but only acts as an intermediary for the organizer and participants/orderers. Deltager AS is hereby not responsible for the execution of the individual event, its quality or content.
Processing of personal data
We have therefore drawn up a separate privacy statement to be able to provide you with more detailed information. In short, the processing of your personal data will be dictated by the purpose. For example:
- When you provide your personal information on a Registration page, it will be the Organizer who is the Data controller.
- When you provide your personal information via the contact form where you contact Deltager AS directly, Deltager AS will be the Data Controller.
- When you provide payment information to buy a ticket / place for an event/booking, Deltager AS will be the Data Controller.
- When you visit a website or registration page, information about you may be collected via cookies.
We also want to clarify that the processing and storage of your personal data is always in line with Norwegian legislation, including but not limited to EU regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and other laws on personal data or later legislation that replaces these, regardless of who has The processing responsibility (it is the Processing Controller who has the legal responsibility to be able to recover your personal data).
Changes to terms and conditions and the solution
We reserve the right to unilaterally change or update the terms and conditions. All changes apply from the time they were published via our solutions, unless otherwise stipulated in Norwegian law or a separate contract with the organizer.
At the top of this page, you will see when the terms and conditions were last updated.
If new functions and payment services are developed, Deltager AS will, if it considers it expedient, continuously supplement the solution with these. Deltager AS also reserves the right to make changes to the content of the solution and to routines for user identification, operation, technical specifications, system, opening hours, etc.
Terms and conditions for organisers
This section regulates terms and conditions for use of the solution for the organiser, defined as the person, business and/or legal entity that has set up the event/booking and published these via our solutions.
Acceptance of the terms, conditions and privacy statement available at the time the organizer registers on the solution constitutes the contractual basis for use of the solution between the organizer and Deltager AS, unless otherwise agreed in a separate contract.
After registration, the organizer will get immediate access to the solution and can assign other people access to the solution based on role management (administrator, user or financial access).
In the event of changes in information about the organiser, for example new owners who own more than 10% of the shares, new address or new company name, the organiser must, without undue delay, inform the participant/orderer of the correct information.
Participant/orderer will also validate the information about each organizer in accordance with current regulations such as AML, KYC and this means, among other things, that account numbers will be checked, principal owners will be checked and the ID of relevant persons will be checked.
This information will also be shared with our payment partners as Deltager AS is the “Sponsored Merchant” for all the organisers.
User identity and password
The password must not be disclosed to close relatives, suppliers, Deltager AS, the police or others. Furthermore, the password must not be used or stored in such a way that others can gain access to it.
The password must therefore be remembered.
The organiser agrees that communication regarding the solution may take place electronically or by publication in the solution, as long as it does not conflict with Norwegian law or EU regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions, this means that Deltager AS is given the right to contact the organiser via the provided postal address, e-mail and or telephone regarding, but not limited to, circumstances that will affect the customer relationship (for example price changes), information about our products and services (for example, new functionalities in the Solution), surveys (to improve the user experience of the Solution) or follow-up of inquiries to our support (for example, follow-up).
See also the section “The organiser’s responsibility and risk” in relation to The organiser’s conditions for electronic communication to participants/orderers.
By accepting these terms and conditions, the Organizer accepts that all information, including, but not limited to, key matters such as prices and costs, is provided in electronic form in the Solution, provided that there is a legal basis for this and nothing else is contractually agreed in the contract.
Costs for creating, having and using the Solution will always appear from the current price list found in the Solution or by agreement. Deltager AS can unilaterally change the current participation prices from two weeks after new prices have been stated on the website or by agreement.
The organiser's responsibility and risk
- The solution cannot be used to receive payments for illegal activities such as money laundering, terrorist financing, weapons purchases, pornographic services, does not have rights to etc. which are regulated at any time in national or international laws or Card Company rules. If there is an inconsistency between this agreement and the Card Company Rules, then the Card Company Rules apply.
- The organizer himself is responsible for ensuring that others do not gain access to passwords and/or information on his own computer.
- If the Organizer suspects that the password has become known to others, the Organizer must change the password without undue delay to prevent misuse. If the Organizer himself does not have the opportunity to change the password, the Organizer must notify our support team without undue delay that they can block access to logged-in pages.
- If other conditions arise that create a risk of abuse, the Organizer must notify our support without undue delay.
- The organizer is responsible for all registrations and/or dispositions that are carried out with the Organizer’s username and password, including registrations and/or dispositions made by others than the Organizer, as long as the registration and/or disposition has been possible as a result of intent or negligence on the part of the organizer.
- However, the organizer is not responsible for other people’s unlawful use that takes place after taking the measures to prevent abuse as mentioned above. The Organiser is nevertheless responsible if someone to whom the Organizer has given the right to log in to the closed pages has deliberately or grossly negligently enabled their use. The Organiser is also responsible if you have failed to carry out the described measures immediately after the Organiser became suspicious of conditions mentioned under a, b and c.
- The organizer himself bears the responsibility and risk for errors due to conditions related to his own computer equipment, programs or network connection.
- The organizer is himself responsible for content they publish on the Registration page complying with the Copyright Act. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of images, text and video. Deltager AS can hold the organiser financially liable for such violations.
- The organizer is responsible for ensuring that the account number used for settlement is correct. Any changes / updates to these must, without undue delay, be changed by the organizer. If user support is required, the Organizer must, without undue delay, contact our support.
- The organizer has the processing responsibility (Controller) for personal data collected via the Solution and is subject to the requirements and obligations set out in the Personal Data Act and EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) or later legislation that replaces them. This includes, among other things:
- The organizer is himself responsible for limiting the collection of personal information (data minimization) to what is necessary to realize the collection purpose (for example, one must only collect information that is relevant to be able to carry out an Event).
- The organizer must ensure that it is authorized by law to be able to collect the personal data for the purpose of collection.
- It is assumed that sensitive or sensitive personal data shall not be collected or registered via the Solution, unless this is authorized by law (personal data act §9 – GDPR Article 9 no. 1). The organizer must contact the Norwegian Data Protection Authority for such permission, and Deltager AS must, without undue delay, be notified.
- The organizer is himself responsible for informing how the personal data is used and how to maintain the right to access, to be forgotten, data portability and to withdraw consent
- Processing in violation of the Personal Data Act and EU Regulation 2016/679 (GPDR) or later legislation that replaces these, gives grounds for termination of the agreement.
- Canceled event or changes to event:
- In the event that an Event/booking is canceled or changed, it is the Organiser’s responsibility to inform of this via e-mail to all affected Participants/Bookers.
- The Organizer is financially responsible for deficiencies / errors in the service / product sold by the Organizer via the Solution
- The organizer is financially responsible for a canceled Event/Booking.
- The organizer is legally responsible for answering inquiries from participants/bookers that are due to a deficiency / error in the service or in the event of cancellation / changes to the Event(s)/Booking.
- Deltager AS does not refund the Participant Fee/Booking Fee in the event of a canceled Event/Booking.
- All questions about the event and its implementation are directed to the individual Organiser. In the event of unlawful inquiries to Deltager AS, as a result of a breach of this, Deltager AS reserves the right to invoice time spent in accordance with Deltager A at all times the current hourly rate as well as any directly attributable costs.
If the Organizer disputes responsibility for a provision, the Organizer must put forward a claim for rectification without undue delay after the Organizer became or should have become aware of the situation. The claim must be made in writing to Deltager AS. If the Organizer claims that you may have been exposed to a criminal offense in connection with the disposition, Deltager AS can demand that the Organizer reports the matter to the police.
Deltager AS's responsibility in connection with payment
- Deltager AS is a Payment Intermediary and has an agreement with the Payment Partners (Nets & Elavon) and a bank with a client account (DNB), while the Organizer is the “Sponsored Merchant” and the ultimate recipient of the amount paid minus the Participant’s fees. The organizer must follow the Card Company Rules and the card companies own all rights to their trademarks and can only be used in consultation with the card companies.
Participant AS as Payment Intermediary is responsible for the Organizer following the Card Company Rules and has the right to ensure that these are followed and that the trademarks are used correctly.
- Deltager AS som Betalingsformidler er ansvarlig for at Arrangør følger Kortselskapsreglene og har rett til å sørge for at disse blir fulgt og varemerkene brukt på riktig måte.
- Card payments
When Deltager AS has undertaken a payment assignment, Participant AS is responsible to the Organizer for the amount paid via the solution to our Client Accounts and until the amount minus Participant AS’s fees is transferred to the Organiser’s bank account. Partager AS is not responsible for losses caused by conditions on the part of the Organizer or the card issuer.
- Deltager AS, as Payment Intermediary, will ensure that there is coverage for any “Chargebacks” and refunds that the card acquirer Elavon may demand from Partager AS in accordance with The card company rules. Deltager AS offers the Organizer a “Buffer” functionality that means funds can be available for this purpose.
In addition to the standard terms for use of the Solution, the following terms for the use of invoices apply:
- When purchasing the service, the Organizer defines how extensive an invoice solution is desired.
- Costs associated with sending an invoice are stated at all times on the Solution’s pages. When activating the invoice solution, the Organizer accepts post-invoicing for use unless otherwise agreed.
- It is the Organizer’s responsibility to ensure that invoice information is correct at all times. In the event of incorrect invoice information, the Organizer must, without undue delay, notify Deltager AS by contacting our support.
- If the end user does not pay the invoice, Deltager AS reserves the right to invoice the Organizer for the following:
- Costs for the production and sending of the invoice
- Including e-mail invoice, eInvoice, EHF and postal invoice.
- Costs for dunning
- Costs for the production and sending of the invoice
Temporary cessation of Deltager AS's duties
Deltager AS’s obligations under this agreement – including the payment obligation – cease temporarily if an extraordinary situation occurs that makes fulfillment impossible (force majeure, for example outbreak of war, strike, boycott, pandemic, blockade or lockout). Deltager AS is not responsible for losses caused by such an extraordinary situation.
Incorrect crediting of client account
If the client account is incorrectly credited or debited with too low a transaction cost amount, and this is due to an error on the part of Deltager AS, a bank or one of Deltager AS’s subcontractors, the error can be corrected by crediting or post-debiting the client account. In the event of such an error, Deltager AS must notify the Organizer without undue delay, unless the error has been corrected so that there is no real possibility that the Organizer has received incorrect information about the available amount. If the crediting or incorrect debiting is related to a criminal offense on the part of the Organiser, or on the part of another person who has been given the right to dispose of the settlement account, Deltager AS can withhold payments until the circumstances have been clarified.
Incorrect charging of transaction costs
If Deltager AS has by mistake charged the Organizer an incorrect transaction fee and/or commission rate, Deltager AS shall without undue delay credit the settlement account for a corresponding amount. In the event of such an error, Deltager AS must notify the Organiser, without undue delay, unless the error has been rectified so that there is no real possibility that the Organizer has received incorrect information about the available amount. Deltager AS is not responsible for any indirect losses.
Confirmation of payment
A payment order is confirmed as completed by payment to the Organiser’s settlement account. The organizer is himself responsible for checking that an assignment has been carried out. The payment assignment cannot be revoked or changed after it has been confirmed to have been carried out.
Information on Enrollment/Booking and control
When logging in to the Solution, the Organizer will have information about Enrollment(s)/Booking(s), times for the individual Enrollment(s)/Booking(s), amount paid, and who has paid. The organizer must check as soon as possible that the information is consistent with the settlement paid. In the event of discrepancies, the Organizer must notify Deltager AS via customer service without undue delay.
Blocking access to login pages
The organiser’s access to the Solution can be blocked without notice if criminal offenses are suspected. It must be notified by message (electronic communication) as soon as possible after the blocking.
The organizer's termination and termination of the agreement
The organizer can without prior notice terminate or cancel the agreement of the Solution in order to terminate the customer relationship, with the exception where a separate written contract has been signed. Any contract will not fall under this point and termination / termination of the contract must be in line with the terms of agreement entered into between the parties when signing the contract
Upon termination / termination of the agreement, the Organizer must be paid the outstanding settlement, with deductions for unsettled commissions and payment obligations arising from events that are in violation of Norwegian legislation.
Deltager AS' termination and termination of the agreement
Deltager AS can terminate the agreement in writing with at least four weeks’ notice if there is a factual reason. The reason for the termination must be stated. In the event of termination by Deltager AS, the Organizer must be paid the outstanding settlement, with deductions for transaction fees and commission rates, as well as any deductions from settlements arising from Events that are in violation of Norwegian legislation.
Operation and interruption of operation
Deltager.no is normally in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Service interruptions may still occur. Deltager AS is not responsible for damage or direct or indirect loss that the Organizer may suffer in the event of a possible interruption of operations.
Deltager AS has all tangible and intangible rights to any software, documentation, etc. delivered by Deltager AS or Deltager AS’s subcontractors. Such software, documentation, etc. must not be handed over to others, sold, copied or otherwise used for purposes that have not been pre-approved in writing by Deltager AS.
The agreement is governed by Norwegian law. Any disputes must be resolved through negotiations. If the negotiations do not lead within a reasonable time, the case can be brought before the ordinary courts with the Oslo District Court as the venue.
Terms and conditions for participants
The following terms and conditions apply to Participants/Orderers, defined as the person who uses the Solution to sign up for, or register for, an Event/Booking that has been set up under the auspices of the Organiser.
Registration as a user of the service (optional)
If the organizer requires you to create a user account in order to register for the event, you will have to provide such information as appears on the registration form in the Solution.
This will be your personal log-in, but remember that if you have already registered a user in the Solution, you will be able to log in with this information and must not create a new user.
If you have forgotten your password, there will be a “Forgot password” function on the registration page.
Registration/Booking takes place by receiving an invitation to participate in an event or registering a booking, and/or finding a link on the Organiser’s website or searching for the Event/Booking or the Organiser via the Solution.
It is not required that you who make the Registration(s)/Booking(s) must participate in the event/use the booking. It is therefore possible for others to sign up or register a Participant/Orderer. In such a case, it is required that the person registering the Participant/orderer is aware that he or she has a duty to inform the Participant/orderer in relation to these terms and conditions, Deltager AS’s privacy statement and any other terms / conditions of purchase that the Organizer states on the Registration page.
When registering, you must provide the information requested on the Registration page. It is therefore important that you check the information you submit before completing the Registration/Booking.
Restrictions / prices
It is the Organizer who sets the prices and any maximum limit on the number of places / tickets each Participant/Orderer can buy.
Control of Registration/Booking
Before you confirm and proceed to payment, you should check that the information you have provided on the Registration page is correct.
Our Solutions offer two types of payment solutions, but it is up to the individual Organizer which ones are available at Registration/Booking.
Nets and Elavon deliver our payment solution, where you can pay with Visa, MasterCard or VIPPS. When you have chosen the desired payment method, you will be asked to enter your payment information before you are sent on for verification including 3D-secure.
If the Organizer has made it possible to pay by invoice, you will have to provide the invoice information as it appears on the registration form. All invoices are sent via e-mail, eFaktura or EHF.
Your order confirmation
After payment has been completed, you will be sent an order confirmation receipt (your receipt) to the e-mail address you provided when registering/booking. The e-mail should be from [email protected], so remember to check your junk mail if it has not been received 10 – 15 minutes after Registration/Booking.
It may be that the Organizer has also included the option to receive order confirmation by SMS, so that you can receive a QR code for your ticket(s). Therefore, always make sure to provide contact information that is relevant for the Registrion/Booking. SMS costs are covered by the individual Organiser.
Below you will find Deltager AS’s booking terms for Registration/Booking for Events or booking via a booking page published via the Solution.
Information about the Event/Booking
Our general recommendation to all the Organizers is to provide important and relevant information on the Registration page so that the Participant/Orderer is aware of any conditions etc. which will apply at Enrollment/Booking. It is therefore the Organizer who must be contacted if there is something that does not appear on the Registration page or if you have other practical questions about the Event/Booking.
Deltager AS is not responsible for missing and/or incorrect information provided on the Registration page.
The total cost of the registration/booking will appear on the Registration page, but also at the moment of payment before you complete your Registration/Booking.
The price shown will include all expenses associated with the purchase.
The participation fee is settled by the selected payment method (Visa, MasterCard, Vipps or invoice)
When paying by card or Vipps, the Participant Fee/Order Fee will be charged when the verification has been approved in the Payment Solution. If the card issuer (the bank) rejects the transaction, e.g. because of. lack of coverage or the card is blocked, the Registration will not be able to be completed. Participant AS must here refer to the bank for more information about any error messages.
In the case of invoice payment, payment will not be completed until the issued invoice has been paid in full. Any consequences of unpaid invoices when the Event is held are up to the individual Organiser. Remember therefore that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have received and paid the invoice when this is chosen as the payment method. Should you not receive an invoice within 24 hours of your registration, please contact our support.
Examination of your Registration/booking
After you have made a Registration/Booking, you should, as soon as you have the opportunity, check whether the order confirmation is correct.
Your Registration/Booking is only confirmed after payment has been completed, by receiving an order confirmation in your browser. The order confirmation will also be sent to you by e-mail and/or SMS. This is your receipt and you should, as soon as you have the opportunity to do so, check that the receipt is in accordance with the Registration/Booking you have made.
If you have not received your receipt 10 – 15 minutes after your Registration/Booking has been confirmed, remember to check your junk mail before contacting us. The e-mail is sent from [email protected].
The receipt will show which event you have signed up for/booking you have completed, Participant/Booker information and any other information such as the Participant/Booker information of others who were Registered/Booked on the same occasion. There will also be an order number in the receipt that refers to your Registration/Booking.
If it turns out that the Registration/Booking is not correct, you must contact the Organizer so that they can make the necessary changes. Contact information for the Organizer must be stated on the Registration page.
On a general basis, our customer center shall not handle changes to Registration/Booking, as it is not us who is responsible for carrying out the Event/providing the Booking service. All changes must therefore be referred directly to the Organizer so that they always have control over the changes that are made.
Your rights in the event of technical errors and defects
If our receipt (order confirmation) sent to you by e-mail, is not in accordance with the order you have made, you can, depending on the circumstances, demand correction of the error or cancellation of the Registration(s)/Booking(s).
This applies to circumstances where there is a technical error or deficiency of the type, but not limited to, that the participant information that is listed is incorrect from what was filled in.
We ask that this type of inquiry be sent to us by e-mail ([email protected]) so that we can confirm your inquiry with a case number.
If the error is due to correction of the participant information/ordering information of the type, but not limited to, that you have bought the wrong ticket/booking or forgotten to provide the correct information, we will have to refer you to the Organiser.
Deltager AS is not responsible for the implementation of the individual event/delivery of the booking service, its quality or content. Participants AS does not refund Participant Fees/Booking Fees as a result of a canceled event, which must be discussed with the individual organizer (see also the section “Cancelled event/booking or changes to the event/booking” for more information about your rights).
Canceled event/booking or changes to the event/booking
In the event that an Event/Booking is canceled or changed, the Organizer must inform all Participants/Bookers of this via e-mail. The organizer has the financial responsibility for refunds or other claims due to cancellations or changes to the Event/Booking and its execution/delivery.
Deltager AS does not refund Participant fees/Booking fees in the event of a canceled event/booking. All questions about the Event/booking and its implementation/delivery are directed to the individual Organiser.
Processing of personal data
Please see the chapter “Processing of personal data”.
Right of withdrawal
We would like to remind you that buying tickets/booking online complies with the Act on Obligation to Provide Information and the Right of Cancellation for Remote Sales and Sales Outside Permanent Business Premises (Right of Cancellation Act). If you are unsure of which sales conditions apply to a purchase, you are responsible for contacting the individual Organizer (seller) and clarifying this.
It is the Organizer who has the obligation to provide information in relation to its conditions of sale.
The parties shall attempt to resolve any disputes amicably. If this is not successful, you can bring the matter before the Consumer Council near where you live. All disputes must be resolved according to Norwegian law. If the case is brought before the courts, it must be decided in your (the buyer’s) jurisdiction, which normally means close to where you live.