Last updated: 13.12.23.
Deltager AS, org. no. 982 111 986, (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us” or “our(s)”) offers a registration and payment solution for organisers. The purpose of the solution is to facilitate the sale of tickets for events, manage participants during and after an event and sell goods and services associated with the event.
The registration and payment solution is made available through cloud-based solutions on our websites, sub-domains, masked domains and mobile applications (“apps”). Hereinafter referred to as the “Solution” or the “Solutions”.
The following declaration is subject to updates and we will refer at the top of the page to the date it was last updated. In the event of significant changes, and where the law requires it, we will notify you via electronic communication or highlight this in the Solution itself. This particularly applies to changes where the law requires us to obtain new consent.
“Data controller” and “data processor” are important roles to understand when it comes to the area of responsibility for the processing of personal data. Depending on the purpose, we can act as a data controller, data processor or both, and have specific responsibilities as a result of that, But first let’s look at the different definitions of the different roles:
- Data controller; the person who determines the purpose of the processing of the personal data and which aids are to be used. By “processing of personal data” is meant any use of personal data, such as collection, registration, compilation, storage and disclosure or a combination of such uses
- Data processor; the person who processes personal data on behalf of the data controller, but not in any other way than what has been agreed with the data controller
This means that the roles will depend on the purpose. For example:
- When registering, you will have to provide personal information as it appears on the registration form, but at least name, mobile number and e-mail address. It is the Organizer who has the legal responsibility to ensure that one has legal authority to obtain the information Personal Data Act (GDPR article 6), but the Processing responsibility will depend on who uses your personal data.
- By this we mean:
- When signing up, we will use your e-mail address and possibly mobile number to be able to send you the order confirmation / receipt. We are then the controller and data processor.
- When you register, the Organizer will use your personal data in order to facilitate the Event and communicate relevant information. The organizer is then responsible for the processing and we are the data processor
The solution must not be used to collect sensitive personal data, unless the organizer can explicitly justify this on the basis of the Personal Data Act (GDPR Article 9). Should you find that the organizer is in breach of the applicable legislation for the collection of your information, please contact us.
- When paying, we will collect payment information to be able to verify payment and maintain our obligations to the organizer by having them get paid for your registration. The collection is based on the Personal Data Act (GDPR Article 6c) and we store personal data in accordance with the Bookkeeping Act and the Money Laundering Act. We are then the data controller and our card acquirer (Nets / Elavon) is the data processor.
- When visiting our solutions, it will be possible to collect personal data via the registration / contact form and cookies. This type of collection is done to market our solutions. We are then the data controller and any 3rd party we use for our marketing (e.g. a MailChimp for sending out newsletters) may be the data processor.
- When creating a user account to access the Solution, we will collect the personal data that is processed in order to be able to deliver / carry out the service as described in GDPR article 6b. We then operate both as data controller and data processor.
More information about which personal data is collected, how it is used and stored and your choices and rights can be found further down on this page. You can also use the menu on the left to navigate between the sections.
How your information is used and why
We collect and store various types of information when you use the Solution, whether it applies when registering for an event, creating an organizer account or user profile, contact form, use of the Solution and social media. Here we will go a little more in depth on these:
- When you create an organizer account or user profile, we will collect personal data as shown in the registration form. This will typically be contact information and account number information.
- In order to be able to follow up our organizers in a good way, we store the contact details you provide in our CRM system Zendesk.
- When you use the Solution when registering for an event, the information we collect will appear from the registration form. It is the individual Organizer who decides which information is to be collected and the purpose of the processing. Typical personal data can be name, mobile number and e-mail address.
- If you are under 13 years of age, you must not submit personal data through the Solution. We encourage all parents and guardians to monitor their children’s online use and help comply with these guidelines. In the event that an organizer requests personal information from children under the age of 13, via the Solution, there must be clear and unambiguous consent from parents or guardians.
- When you contact us via a contact form or sign up for our newsletter, we will collect personal data that includes your contact information. This is for the purpose of being able to answer your inquiry and/or provide you with the information you have requested via our newsletters.
How your information is used and why
First of all, we want to point out that we are not in the business of selling your personal information. We consider this information to be an important part of our relationship with you, and do not want to abuse your trust when you leave data in our solutions. Therefore, we will not sell personal data to third parties, including third party advertisers.
However, there are certain circumstances where we may pass on, transfer or share your personal data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set out below
- In the event of a sale of the Company, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event, personal data may be part of the transferred assets. You will be notified via e-mail and/or a prominent message in the Solution if a transaction takes place, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data
- We may also share your personal data with our parent, subsidiary and/or other affiliated companies for purposes that are only consistent with these guidelines. This is to be able to deliver, operate and develop the Solution. The companies must only have reasonable access to the information where it is deemed necessary.
- Third-party suppliers who supply content services in the Solution (they are then data processors), such as server hosting of our servers to ensure stable IT operation, back-up storage and database services, payment solution or SMS services. We will keep all data processing agreements with such companies and ensure that they only have access to personal data for the purposes stated in these guidelines and that they comply with any law on data protection and EU Regulation 2016/679.
- We may share your personal data when engaging marketing agencies, but only in accordance with these guidelines and in accordance with any applicable law on privacy and EU regulation 2016/679. This includes, among other things, that your consent must be given if this type of company is used.
- We will share your personal data with the promoters, in accordance with this policy and our Terms of Service and Use. In such a case, the organizer is the data controller as it is they who determine the personal data that must be provided in the registration form and are thus legally responsible for using the personal data in accordance with the purpose for which they are stated. Deltager AS is not responsible for the processing of the personal data of the organizer with regard to your personal data. It is important that you, as a participant, review the current guidelines of the organizers before registering your information.
- Legal reasons such as subpoenas or request of a court or governmental agency, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to
- protect or defend our rights, interests or property or those of third parties
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Solution
- act in emergencies to protect the personal safety of users of the Solution or the public
- protect against legal liability.
Your choices and rights
You have several options when it comes to withdrawing your consents. Below is information on how to do this:
- This is not directly a sign of consent, but you can choose to limit the information you provide. This can e.g. be giving a telephone number to a switchboard or using an e-mail address that is not your personal e-mail (e.g. [email protected]). If you choose not to provide personal data or limit this, you may not be able to use a certain function in the Solution. For example, to register a user / organizer account, or buy / sell tickets, your name and email address will be required.
- In order to no longer receive marketing material from us, you will receive instructions on how to unsubscribe in every mailing. You can also contact our customer service and ask us to do this for you.
- In order not to receive marketing material from an organizer, you will have to contact the organizer in question, if there are no instructions in the mailing on how to unsubscribe from such communications.
- If you use our app and have chosen to receive push notifications, these can be deactivated in the settings of your device or directly in the app
- Certain mailings are automated and can e.g. be the sending of order confirmation / receipt, updates regarding the event or payment reports. Therefore, regardless of whether you have withdrawn consent for previous mailings, you will still be able to receive this type of communication as it is directly related to new activities you undertake via the Solution.
You can stop receiving this type of e-mail simply by contacting us (see contact information at the bottom of the page). By ceasing to receive all electronic communications, you risk not receiving important information as described in these guidelines. We do not recommend that you do this unless you plan to no longer use the Solution, are not currently organizing an event or no longer have a connection to other events and will not need to receive further communications from us or through the Solution.
You also have rights regarding how your personal data is used. Below you see these:
- The right to object to us processing your data.
- The right to request that your information be deleted or that further use of it be restricted.
- The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- The right to correct, change or update information provided by you in connection with a registration (contact the organizer) or your account information (if you have an account with us, you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
- The right to contest any kind of automated decision we make about you. An automated decision is a decision that is made without human intervention and that has legal consequences (e.g. credit check). We do not usually use automated decision making, but if we do we will inform you about it when such decisions are made.
To exercise the above-mentioned rights, you must send us a written inquiry to [email protected]. Please note that all requests are carefully considered, and it may be that the rights vary depending on where you live and any legal requirements made to us. We may therefore not necessarily be able to comply with your request. If this is the case, we will explain to you why.
How do we store and for how long do we store your information
We have and will always ensure that we have the necessary security measures to protect the personal information collected via the Solution from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, accidental disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Although we have implemented security measures to protect your information, please note that no security system is impenetrable. Thus, we cannot guarantee that data is completely safe from intrusion by others during transmission of such data via the Internet or while stored on our systems. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us electronically.
Feel free to contact us, via the contact information at the bottom of the page, if you would like more information regarding the deletion of data or our security measures.
These guidelines only apply to the use of our solutions. For example, registration pages may contain links to other websites that are not operated or controlled by Participant AS (“third-party websites”). We suggest that you contact these sites directly for information about their policies and privacy statements.